Congratulations to Jeff Noble and Jeff Nolin for correctly identifying our last sidewalk photo as Oak Street looking west from 12th Street. Here’s a new sidewalk photo ready to be identified in the comments.
Also, beware some of the local sites below are running ads for the Louisville Science Center’s Dinosaur exhibit that play a very loud and annoying noise when the page loads. Such advertisements are, in my opinion, rude and the pages should reconsider showing such invasive advertisements.
- What kind of fancy technology is going to fill the new arena? (Card Game)
- Falls City Beer is back & could eventually be brewed in Louisville (LEO)
- Eva Mae’s restaurant to take River Road site vacated by Chick Inn (C-J)
- Abbey Road on the River coming back to Louisville May 27 (Mojo)
- Nice graph of Louisville homes sold by year (Lou Homes)
- Owner of Wick’s Pizza has good things to say about New Albany (NA Confidential)
- There’s nothing like a top ten list and Louisville is on several (C-J)
- Toyota donates $25,000 to 21st Century Parks (Biz First, Fox 41)
- Farmers markets in Phoenix Hill, St. Matthews, and on Gray Street opening.
- NPR compiles a sound track for urban cyclists (Hard Drive)
- Lexus and Volkswagen release designer bicycles.
- Washington looks to see if gas taxes can build light rail on interstates (TNR)
- New report finds carbon capture & sequestration ‘profoundly non-feasible’ (TreeHugger)
- Very interesting sidewalk street art created by tracing shadows (E Minor)
- How urban planning can improve your health (Miller McCune)
- Cities do it better: benefits of density and more (NY Times)
- How much time do you spend in an elevator? (Infrastructurist)
- VP Breckinridge of KY makes list of worst vice presidents (Time via Twitter)
- This vending machine pays you to recycle (Inhabitat)
- Japanese researchers invent elastic water (Inhabitat)
- Is the profession of architecture corrupt? (Design Intelligence)
- What are employees saying about the efficacy of building energy efficiency? (GOOD)
- Video: This 344 sq. ft. Hong Kong apt. can be configured 24 different ways (Daily Score)
- The Kentucky Derby as it was 136 years ago (Filson Club)
- And a few flickr photos of the day here and here and here.