- A community garden is blooming in the Russell neighborhood (a pretty pickle)
- A proposal for bike racks all over Louisville’s neighborhoods (Consuming Lou)
- A call for building the new VA Hospital in the Downtown Medical Center (C-J)
- A series of meetings planned to discuss changes to TARC routes (C-J)
- The Remnant Trust is leaving Jeffersonville over HVAC concerns (N & T)
- The Speed Museum holding symposium, display on its expansion (FatLip)
- The Beerologists hit up Sergio’s with almost 900 beers (Lou on Tap)
- U of L looks for student housing near the Medical Center (C-J)
- Oil will be expensive again, could spur ‘oil price hike trap’ (Yglesias via StreetsBlog)
- Downtown Bike Station delayed one year for design, market study (C-J)
- Officials hurt in Fort Nelson stair collapse sue building owners (C-J)
- One in nine houses vacant nationwide, KY not so bad (USA Today via P-zen)
- Alley improvement, urbanization a national trend (USA Today via P-zen)
- Here’s our proposal for improving alleys, too (Broken Sidewalk)
- And Lou. considering paving alleys with pervious concrete (Watchdog Earth)
- St. Stephen Church breaks ground on $13 million building (Fox 41, C-J)
Nice sidewalk shot.
Thanks Urbanophile, this is one of my favorite sidewalks in Louisville. The formality of the matching stone walls in front of every house and ample sidewalk width make for a pleasing pedestrian experience. Anyone want to guess what street it's from?
Somewhere in the Highlands, maybe?
You're right. This view was taken in the Original Highlands on Highland Avenue looking toward Barret Avenue.