Hopefully everyone is starting to dry out after all the flooding yesterday. Yesterday’s sidewalk photo was taken on Lee Street at Third Street in Old Louisville. Good job SushiK for pointing out the neighborhood. Here’s today’s challenge; tell us where it is in the comments. Don’t forget that the news roundup is now also an open thread for discussion of any topic on your mind.
- Four Louisville post offices could close due to USPS losses (Biz First)
- Forbes: Louisville 11th best city for working moms (Biz First)
- Grand opening for Newburg branch library set for Aug. 15 (C-J)
- Local home sales up 27% according to Louisville Realtors (C-J)
- Developers plan something that sounds like a lifestyle center (C-J)
- Former Kaelin’s owner a fan of new Mulligan’s Pub (C-J)
- With development imminent, Fisherville considers neighborhood assoc. (C-J)
- Flash flood storm a rare occurrence called a ‘downburst’ (C-J)
- Post-storm cleanup continues at the University of Louisville (U of L)
- More flood photos from around the University of Louisville (Flickr via @michellej)
- Louisville Free Public Library needs your help after flooding (Consuming Lou)
- More examples of how highway removal can really help a city (Infrastructurist)
Branden and crew deserve real credit for making this blog better and better. I like the tweaks, and I like the thoughtful comments Branden offers to clarify and keep thought going.
I enjoyed the UrbanCincy entry… the kind of clarification of some ideas that are really necessary. For so many reasons, I see LA as the place to look if you want to know how to fail.
That would be Napoleon Boulevard looking north towards Douglass Boulevard.