As promised, Friday’s sidewalk photo was taken on Edward Avenue in the Highlands. Any guesses on today’s? Not as promised, we didn’t post anything over the weekend, but we did get many stories prepped and researched, so this week should be a heavy posting week.
Today, we’re helping with a little detective work. A Broken Sidewalk reader in Butchertown and one of the forces behind this year’s moped rally wrote in to tell us of a stolen moped. There’s are several rewards for info. on the moped; check out the Craigslist ad for more info. Anyone have any info?
Sometime between midnight and 6 am on Wednesday the 8th someone broke in to my garage and moved aside many of our mopeds to steal one specific one. (seen in the craigslist ad) We are very saddened by the theft and need help from the community to recover it.
Also, a tipster wrote in to tell us about fire trucks spotted at the old Bauer’s/Azalea’s restaurant on Brownsboro Road at around 8:30 Saturday night. The building was recently up for demolition before being declared a Local Landmark by Metro Louisville. Anyone have the inside scoop on what went down?
On with the news.
- Could Cafe Mimosa be moving to the Lentini’s Building? (LouHB Forum)
- Forbes: Louisville 3rd best in East-South-Central region (Lou Homes Blog)
- A look inside New Albany’s farmers’ market on a busy Saturday (Our History NA)
- Many Kentucky waterways still too polluted to go fishing (C-J)
- Up to 1.5 million gallons of raw sewage rushes into Ohio River after pump fails (C-J)
- Lou. must invest in a technological, innovative future (C-J)
- Mainstream media takes notice of local music blogs (C-J)
- U of L’s Speed School demonstrates ‘prototype human-power’ vehicle (UL)
- High Speed Rail Association to lobby Congress for action (the transport politic)