We had a couple of good guesses for our last sidewalk photo, but none pinned down the exact location (I was stumped too!) which was taken on Riedling Drive near Hillcrest Avenue. Here’s a new photo ready for your guesses.
- Downtown developers say now is the time to buy a condo (Fox 41)
- Master plan approved for Old Clarksville Historic District (N & T)
- Bonds approved to pay for three years worth of construction projects (C-J)
- Roadside advertising benches causing quite a stir (CART, Whas11, Mojo)
- St. Matthews issues controversial license for liquor stores on Shelbyville Rd. (C-J)
- There’s still time to check out a new local play, It Came From Indiana (Consuming Lou)
- Taking a look around the Hertz-Starks Building (Transy Gentleman, Unusual KY)
- Cool flickr photos of the day: here and here and here and here.
- Hybrid buses catching on as they become more affordable (NY Times)
- Considering pedestrians and jaywalking in the city (CF Big-D, Pedestrianist)
- Should cyclists be reimbursed for the infrastructure they don’t use? (Pedalaround)
- Parking changes in Arlington could be a sign of things to come (WaPo via Twitter)
- Work begins again on River Road’s Harrods Creek Bridge (C-J, Wave 3)
- Proposed ordinance targets ‘excessivelyÂ idling’ vehicles (Fox 41)
- Cultural and economic changes cited as fewer Americans use cars (NY Times)
- Freight rail CEO on the future of passenger and freight rail (Railway Age via Twitter)
- Infrastructure presenting problems for river traffic, too (N & T)
- Price of construction materials again beginning to creep upward (Biz First)
- Auto-oriented fringe built up beyond what market can support (New Republic)
- Environmental activists draw attention to carbon emissions (C-J, WFPL, Fox 41)
- While a new Pew poll finds climate change skeptics growing (Grist)
- One Boston suburb ditches the lawnmower for a herd of goats (TreeHugger)
Hmmm… Taken from the Southside of East Jefferson looking West between Preston and Floyd Streets.
Awww…shucks….I knew the answer but was too slow! Guess that serves me right for missing a day of my Broken Sidewalk fix.