Broken Sidewalk readers know Bardstown Road. Patrick, Jonas, and Jack Bishop all recognized yesterday’s sidewalk on Bardstown Road between Wrocklage and Weber Avenues on the Highlands-Douglass side of the street. For some, the Great Escape sign in the background helped out, but it’s difficult to find an unidentifiable image of Louisville’s favorite street.
Readers also wonder if anyone remembers where the Gulf gas station was once located near Bardstown and Eastern. Today we move from one of Louisville’s best pedestrian streets to, well… you be the judge. Can you identify where the sidewalk ends?
- Louisville Restaurant Week is September 29th to October 3rd (Biz First)
- Local home sales up again for second month in a row (C-J)
- Fontaine Ferry exhibit helps Frazier Museum redefine mission (C-J)
- More on the mismanagement of Park DuValle (C-J)
- Watch for sidewalk-art illusions at the Kentucky Center during IdeaFestival (The Edit)
- Driver left scene where toddler was killed on Rangeland Road, no charges filed (C-J)
- Talk to your family and friends about ‘distracted driving’ (NY Times)
- Bike law and avoiding a “one-size-fits-all” approach (C-J Letters)
- Driver breaking point: $5 gas could change transport habits (Infrastructurist)
- Did American gas consumption peak in 2007? And the future of gas (Barron’s via P-zen)
- Pictures of speed bumps that generate electricity (Inhabitat)
- Has the legacy of Jane Jacobs gone too far? (Yglesias)
- Are parking spaces more important than homes? (StreetsBlog / GGW)