Congratulations to Michelle, John, and James for identifying Monday’s sidewalk photo as East Market Street looking toward Clay Street in Nulu. Here’s a new sidewalk photo ready for guesses in the comments. Don’t forget to nominate your choice in our contest to identify the Best New Landmark of 2009 (there are prizes!).
- Wayside gets permit to open hotel, use kitchen at Broadway site (C-J, Wave 3, WFPL)
- Also hopes to make some extra money with event space, possible coffee shop (Wave 3)
- Unapproved adverti-benches under attack in New Albany, city to install new ones (N & T)
- Jefferson Forest adds 27 acres, new trail with latest property acquisition (C-J)
- Lou Downtown Mgmt District gets new neon green uniforms to reflect ‘going green’ (C-J)
- More on the grand opening of the Louisville Beer Store on East Market Street (C-J)
- 33rd Old Louisville Holiday House Tour set for Dec. 5-6, tickets on sale (louisville.com)
- Boone Gardiner, dating to 1899, wins 2009 Agribusiness of the Year (Biz First)
- A few very cool crosswalks from around the world (Sidewalk Starts)
- Despite rainy weather, 2nd Car Free Happy Hour a success (Pedalaround)
- Does TARC need a real time system to warn of delays, arrival times? (louisville.com)
- How to design a great Bus Rapid Transit system (BRT), block by block (StreetsBlog)
- Check out these photos of the Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in Phoenix (TreeHugger)
- Chart: Correlating trips by bike and obesity rate of several countries (GOOD)
- Chart: 2008 commuting trends of major U.S. cities by car and transit (The Edit)
- In an accident? Software helps you reconstruct the scene (Super Colossal)
- Considering the future of infrastructure: Same old game or innovation? (NY Times)
- Distracted driving: startling poll results on the frequency of texter-drivers (ChiTrib)
- Counterintuitive? States ban texti-driving but send traffic updates via Twitter (ABC)
- Mayor ‘exploring the issue’ of banning excessive car idling for air quality (C-J, Mojo)
- Construction begins yet again on Harrods Creek Bridge on River Road (Fox 41)
- State lawmakers briefed on the incredible economic power of McAlpine Locks (WFPL)
- Can stabilizing abandoned buildings help to reduce crime in cities? (Smart Growth Am)
- Study: preservation is ‘almost always’ greener than building new (Urban Sust. via Twitter)
- Feds to promote regional planning to solve city problems across jurisdictions (GOOD)
- Feds subsidize big home builders who overbuilt suburbs in first place (NY Times via P-zen)
- Downtown Bardstown set for ped safety, traffic pattern improvements (Fox 41)
- New cooling system looks a lot like geothermal but with air instead of liquid (TreeHugger)
- Could simply taking a walk in the park improve your health? (WaPo)
Is that Rosewood Avenue between Bellwood and Mossrose?
Is that yale ave?
Or maybe Morton or DeBarr off Barret. I think the picture is up in the Original Highlands somewhere.