Congratulations to Jeff Noble and Jeff Nolin for correctly identifying our last sidewalk photo as Oak Street looking west from 12th Street. Here’s a new sidewalk photo ready to be identified in the comments.
Also, beware some of the local sites below are running ads for the Louisville Science Center’s Dinosaur exhibit that play a very loud and annoying noise when the page loads. Such advertisements are, in my opinion, rude and the pages should reconsider showing such intrusive advertisements.
- What kind of fancy technology is going to fill the new arena? (Card Game)
- Falls City Beer is back & could eventually be brewed in Louisville (LEO)
- Eva Mae’s restaurant to take River Road site vacated by Chick Inn (C-J)
- Abbey Road on the River coming back to Louisville May 27 (Mojo)
- Nice graph of Louisville homes sold by year (Lou Homes)
- Owner of Wick’s Pizza has good things to say about New Albany (NA Confidential)
- There’s nothing like a top ten list and Louisville is on several (C-J)
- Toyota donates $25,000 to 21st Century Parks (Biz First, Fox 41)
- Farmers markets in Phoenix Hill, St. Matthews, and on Gray Street opening.
- NPR compiles a soundtrack for urban cyclists (Hard Drive)
- Lexus and Volkswagen release designer bicycles.
- Washington looks to see if gas taxes can build light rail on interstates (TNR)
- New report finds carbon capture & sequestration ‘profoundly non-feasible’ (TreeHugger)
- Very interesting sidewalk street art created by tracing shadows (E Minor)
- How urban planning can improve your health (Miller McCune)
- Cities do it better: benefits of density and more (NY Times)
- How much time do you spend in an elevator? (Infrastructurist)
- VP Breckinridge of KY makes list of worst vice presidents (Time via Twitter)
- This vending machine pays you to recycle (Inhabitat)
- Japanese researchers invent elastic water (Inhabitat)
- Is the profession of architecture corrupt? (Design Intelligence)
- What are employees saying about the efficacy of building energy efficiency? (GOOD)
- Video: This 344 sq. ft. Hong Kong apt. can be configured 24 different ways (Daily Score)
- The Kentucky Derby as it was 136 years ago (Filson Club)
- And a few flickr photos of the day here and here and here.
The last one on W. Oak I knew. This one I’ll have to guess. My guess is Galt Avenue looking toward Frankfort Avenue. That’s an area I don’t know as well as I should.
That’s Hillcrest Ave Between Brownsboro and Frankfort.
I knew Jeff Noble would have a comment already posted, but I never would've thought it would be a guess (that's a hat tip, Jeff). I don't know either. It looks a bit like S. Bayly to me.
I am pretty certain that this pic is Jaeger Avenue in the Highlands, facing west.
Jeff Nolin: Thanks for the hat-tip. I love these games.
I don’t know what street this is, but it looks like a great neighborhood to live on from the photo.
Yes, that is definitely Jaeger Ave. The house with the Tyler Allen sign in the yard is 1631.
This photo is 1631 Jaeger Ave. in the Highlands. I used to live there and just moved in January. Great area, great house and we miss it a lot!