Louisville has been raking in the awards this summer for everything from drinking water to healthcare to historic homes to sustainable architecture to hotel excellence. We brought you many of the stories, but a few slipped through the cracks. Here’s the list of even more honors and rankings making the River City feel that much more special.
- Louisville named “America’s Most Livable Large City” by the U.S. Conference of Mayors (via Metro Lou)
- Louisville named 7th in the “Top Ten Towns with Opportunities for Living the Good Life” by Outdoor Magazine [Article PDF] (via Metro Lou)
- Louisville is a “Top 20 Finalist for Title Town USA” in ESPN’s sporting contest (via C-J)
- Rodes Clothing Store among “20 Most Innovative Retailers in the U.S.” according to MR Magazine (via Business First)
- Ear-X-tacy listed amid the “17 Coolest Record Stores in America” by Paste Magazine (via Backseat Sandbar)
- Louisville Pure Tap Water (AGAIN!) wins “Best Tasting Water in Kentucky & Tennessee” from the American Water Works Association (via Business First)
- Louisville named the “5th Best City in America to Regrow Hair” by Rogaine (via Business First)