The Green Building of NuLu is receiving its finishing touches on East Market Street and is scheduled to open at the end of the month. We knew there were plans for a street-fronting cafe in the building but Business First has reported that a new restaurant called 732 Social will occupy the ground floor of the LEED Platinum building.
The restaurant will be operated by the Ton brothers of Basa Modern Vietnamese fame on Frankfort Avenue, but the new concept will be quite different in style. Inspired by Avec in Chicago, the new 732 Social will be small, occupying only 1,400 square feet with seating for around 60 which could expand into the adjacent gallery and courtyard spaces for larger functions.
The restaurant won’t have “communal” seating like Avec and other modern big-city restaurants, but will have the modern atmosphere designed by California architecture firm (fer) studio. The restaurant site sits adjacent to a planned year-round farmers market and the menu is expected to change daily with the freshest local ingredients reflecting a “rustic” American heritage.
- Going for Platinum: Gallery NuLu’s Green Building (Broken Sidewalk)
- Basa brothers get ready to open restaurant… (Business First)
- Basa owners to open 732 Social on Market (C-J Food Blog)
- 732 Social (Official Site – Under Construction)
- Basa Modern Vietnamese (Official Site)
- Avec Restaurant (Official Site)
- (fer) studio architecture (Official Site)