Less than two months after we broke the story of the new Jimmy John’s sandwich shop in the Mercantile Gallery Lofts, the restaurant has officially opened its doors. We noticed the paint stencil on the side of the building early last week, but by the time we got to photograph it, the place was already serving customers. There’s plenty of outdoor seating, although some of it was really blocking the sidewalk, and the new black facade looks sharp. A sign above the door declares “Free Smells” for everyone.
Bigger news out of the Mercantile Lofts a couple weeks ago is that you can now shack up for free for the first year. Developer Todd Blue of Cobalt Ventures will pay a year’s worth of mortgage payments and condo fees for new buyers in what Business First describes as “Blue’s Recession Buster Special.” It may be working, Blue says he has had a few offers come in since the promotion started. Here’s a little more info from the Mercantile’s web site:
Buy a place at Mercantile Gallery Lofts, Louisville’s premier condo complex located right in the heart of Downtown, and we’ll pay 100 percent of the principal and interest on your mortgage plus your Homeowners Association fees for the first 12 month:
How it works:
- Choose from one of our New York-style industrial lofts, available in 5 floor plans.
- Find financing and close on the condo before August 1st, 2009. Mortgage must be a 30-year amortization.
- We pay 100 percent of the principal and interest on your mortgage plus your Homeowners Association fees for the first 12 months.
- Retail Watch: Mercantile Gallery Lofts Living Up To Its Name (Broken Sidewalk)
- Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwhiches (Official Site)
- Mercantile Gallery Lofts (Official Site)
- Cobalt Ventures (Official Site)