Changes to seven bus routes in Louisville go into effect this Sunday, January 31, the Transit Authority of River City (TARC) has announced. “Most of the service changes involve minor adjustments to pick-up times in response to traffic conditions and delays,” TARC said in a press release. Here’s the full list of service changes.
- Route #4 – Fourth Street — Between Central Ave. and the end of the route, southbound trips will arrive 2-3 minutes later and northbound trips will arrive 2-3 minutes earlier on all days. Pick-up times north of Central Ave. will NOT be affected.
- Route #15 – Market Street — Lagrange Road trips will be adjusted to serve the Hurstbourne Green development, UPS Drive and Ormsby Station Rd, including Teleperformance USA and Charter Communications. Eastbound trips from Lagrange Road will travel into the development via UPS Drive, Ormsby Station Road and Hurstbourne Parkway. Service will be provided seven days a week on this new routing. Departure times are adjusted slightly on only a few trips.
- Route #17 – Bardstown Road — There are minor time adjustments at stops on weekdays only: Westbound trips leaving Fern Creek at 11:02 am and 2:56 pm will depart five minutes later. The eastbound trip leaving 8th and Jefferson Street at 12:06 pm will also leave five minutes later. Afternoon arrival times will change slightly on Bardstown Rd. between Douglass Blvd. and Fern Creek. Check schedule for adjusted arrival times.
- Route #18 – Preston-Dixie Highway — Trips to and from Valley Village will reroute over Dixie Highway to Watson Lane where a new bus loop with a park & TARC lot is located. Valley Village trips will no longer operate on Pendleton Road, Kinross Blvd., Ethan Allen Way, Tennis Blvd., Nathan Hale Way and Sandray Blvd.
- Route #40 – Taylorsville Road — Three weekday eastbound trips will leave five minutes later. The 12:41 pm trip leaving 8th Street at Jefferson Street will depart instead at 12:46 pm. Trips leaving 8th Street at Jefferson at 5:26 pm and 6:06 pm will also leave five minutes later.
- Route #21 – Chestnut Street — Arrival times at stops will change slightly to reflect ongoing delays due to traffic conditions. Almost all trips are adjusted to allow additional travel time between stops. Check schedule for adjusted arrival times.
- Route #65X – Sellersburg Express — Afternoon trips southbound from Ivy Tech will leave five minutes earlier to help address schedule delays due to congestion on I-65 during the Bridges Project. The trips leaving Ivy Tech at 3:45 pm, 4:50 pm and 5:25 pm will depart five minutes earlier at 3:40 pm, 4:50 pm and 5:20 pm.
You can plan your transit trip on TARC’s website.
Latest posts by Branden Klayko (see all)