Creation Gardens is ready to move forward with a planned facility on the corner of East Market and Shelby Streets in Nulu. We first learned of the project last September, but Creation Gardens owner Ron Turnier now says the company will close on the East Market Street property next week and the new store could be open early next year.
Currently located on Main and Hancock Streets, Creation Gardens has struggled with a deteriorating facility but couldn’t put money into the building because it is slated for demolition for an expanded Spaghetti Junction. Now, a settlement has been reached with the Ohio River Bridges Project that allows the new East Market warehouse to be built.
Turnier says the new Creation Gardens will be state-of-the-art and offer services to chefs and retail customers. New products including meat, seafood, wines, and breads will be offered in addition to Creation Gardens’ traditional focus on local and regional food.
Plans still call for a 27,000 square foot facility that could attract 200 chefs a week and 10,000 square feet of that space will be dedicated to the retail market. Design of the new facility was done by K. Norman Berry Architects of Louisville.
Other amenities planned for the East Market site include (from today’s announcement):
- Demo Kitchen that will allow you to promote your restaurant, educate customers and perform menu research.
- Library and Resource area for menu planning and research—complete with cook books, the latest trade publications, and internet access. Located in balcony section.
- Public Conference Room where you can host meetings or educational sessions.
- Chefs Special Entrance that gives you quick access to our purchasers, customer service reps and pick-up dock.
- We Will Host Regular Meetings to allow chefs from all of our regions to exchange ideas and become more successful restaurateurs.