The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) has announced service changes to 23 of its routes due to construction activity and traffic delays around the city. Route changes to the ZeroBus (noted below) went into effect on Monday, July 25 and changes to the other routes will go into effect Sunday, August 21.
“Most of the changes are minor but passengers are advised to check schedules in advance of the changes and plan trips accordingly,” TARC wrote in a press release. Here’s information on the changes from TARC:
- Route #1 — Fourth Street ZeroBus Northbound (Map) — Northbound, the route will be extended two blocks on Fifth Street, traveling east on Market Street instead of Liberty Street to reconnect to Fourth Street. Southbound, buses on Fourth Street will go east on Market, and south on Second Street, instead of Third Street, and then west on Muhammad Ali Boulevard, reconnecting to Fourth Street. This routing will avoid anticipated impacts from the closure of Third and Fourth streets between Market and Jefferson streets for the Kentucky International Convention Center rebuilding project.
- Route #31 & #31X — Middletown & Middletown Express (Map) — In response to community requests, the #31 and #31X will operate on Shelbyville Road instead of on several side streets in the Middletown area. Stops on the new routing will be within three blocks of stops being eliminated. A late night round-trip will be added on weekdays and Saturday between downtown Louisville and Middletown Station. Daily service is also added for Middletown Commons.
The below routes will be adjusted with scheduled changes in arrival times at stops and additional changes as noted. On all express routes, Downtown bus arrival and departure times are maintained as close as possible to current schedules. However, most morning trips will leave the stop at the end of the route earlier than the current schedule, and arrival times at those locations will be later in the afternoon.
- Route #6 — Sixth Street
- Route #15 — Market Street
- Route #17 & #17X — Bardstown Road & Fern Creek Express
- Route #19 — Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- Route #21 — Chestnut Street
- Route #40 — Taylorsville Road
- Route #40X — Taylorsville Road Express
- Route #43 — Poplar Level
- Route #45X — Okolona Express — A midday round-trip has been added to this schedule at the request of employers in the Commerce Crossing area.
- Route #49X — Westport Express
- Route #50X — Dixie Express
- Route #53X — Breckinridge Express
- Route #61X — Plainview Express
- Route #62 — Breckinridge-Shepherdsville — New stops also added on Noltemeyer Wynde and Bates Avenue west of Jefferson Boulevard.
- Route #63 — Crums Lane
- Route #64X — Fincastle Forest Spring Express
- Route #67X — Oldham, I-71 Express — Morning trips to LaGrange will begin on Third and Chestnut streets and make stops Downtown for passengers commuting to LaGrange. Afternoon trips from LaGrange will exit at Jefferson Street and duplicate morning stops, with the last stop on Broadway at Fourth Street.
- Route #71 — Jeffersonville-Louisville-New Albany — From October 2 through December 24, seasonal service adds weekday and weekend trips to River Ridge and the Amazon Fulfillment Center.
- Route #78X — Bluegrass Downtown Express — Due to traffic congestion on Interstate 64 and in the Bluegrass Industrial Park area, bus arrival and departure times will change for almost every stop.
- Route #90 — East–West Night Campus Shuttle (Map) — This route will be expanded to operate on the east side of the University of Louisville Belknap Campus, stopping at The Clubhouse residential complex. Existing routing will remain. Buses will arrive at stops about every 30 minutes.
I don’t see any details on the 23 changes. What are they please?
They’re all right there in the bullet points. Click the route and the new schedule times will load in a PDF from TARC.
Never Mind, D’oh!